The Network Expands
After our first post, the views on our website increased profoundly! Thank you for your support! We are hoping to expand our network this year and appreciate the time you took to check us out.
The Society of Polish American Pre-Health Professionals is excited to share our goals with you. If you have any ideas or would like to take part in our efforts, leave a comment or email us!
1. Maintain regular communication with members about the most current opportunities in the field
2. Create a network of medical, dental, nursing and other health students, where they can find support, advice, and career opportunities.
3. Serve as a community for pre-health students to help them navigate opportunities in the field
3. Offer a society membership to interested pre-health and health students
4. Conduct bi-annual informational meetings about relevant topics in medicine and science
4. Organize the "Lives in Medicine" pre-health conference every three years
5. Highlight Polish-American students who are making a difference in their community
6. Offer scholarships to inspiring students within the Polish American community
Our next board member update is one of the other Co-founders of SPAPP, Marysia Szpindor Watson:
Marysia Szpindor Watson is in her third year of medical school at Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (Midwestern University in Downer’s Grove). She is interested in either pursuing family or pediatric medicine. Although the mountains and being out west is where she loves to spend her free time, she is committed to staying in Chicago so she can keep practicing her Polish and one day serve as a physician within the Polish American community. Her hope for this organization and blog is that fellow Polish Americans pursuing similar dreams can come together to grow as a community and offer each other mentorship. She is in involved in the Polish community through Community Health Clinic and various Polish American organizations in Chicago. She can’t wait to see the network that will be built upon and the resources that will come out of it! Her favorite hobbies are yoga and skiing.
Marysia's posts will highlight:
1. Staying healthy in medical school (stay tuned for yummy recipes to feed your brain)
2. Financing medical school (yes... you can receive over 10K in scholarships from the Polish American community if you put your mind to it)
3. Exploring the osteopathic perspective of medicine
4. The importance of finding a sense of community in medical school